When evaluating primary sources consider: When evaluating online primary sources consider:
1. Reliability- Is it trustworthy? 1. Authority- Who is responsible for the website?
2. Origin- Where did it come from? 2. Audience- Who is the intended audience?
3. Validity- Does it add to your research? 3. Accuracy: Where did the documents come from?
4. Accuracy-Are there any errors? 4. Content- Is it explained, organized and accessible?
When evaluating secondary sources consider:
1. Suitability- Is there relevant information?
2. Objectivity- Can you detect the bias?
3. Accuracy and Credibility- Corroborate with other sources and check references.
4. Currency- What is the date of publication?
5. Authority- Who is the author and publisher?